Explore Some Insights About Improving Web Typography
The appearance and appeal is very important when it comes to creating a positive and lasting impression on the onlooker. This could be understood quite nonchalantly that without proper dress-up and presentation, the prospects of even the most brilliant ideas become bleak. This issue goes well beyond the grooves of occupation or genre but is relevant for the products ranging from even the small household items to the high end web content.
What is web typography?
It can be simply understood as the way in which web content is visible to the user. It means the way in which content is written and presented on the web i.e. the fonts and related variables. This is important as it is the first appeal that is made to the user; in case the user doesn’t likes the way content is being presented in the first place, there are rarely any chances for them to go along giving the content any more chance to impress.
What are the different elements of web typography?
- Font: This refers to the format in which the characters are displayed on the website. There is an extensive range of available web fonts that can come in handy when trying to present the text in the most interesting and attractive way for the user.
- Font Size: This element is important as it makes sure that every information gets relevant space on the website. This can be used to emphasize on several aspects such as headings and more important items on the site. Placing an interesting and user drawing feature in the bigger fonts could result in better productivity from the website.
- Line Height: This element is also termed as leading. It aims at providing better emphasis and visibility of the content mentioned on the website.
- Text width: This aspect helps in wrapping the text in a more appealing way. In absence of this element, the text can be waywardly strewn on the screen without any definite appeal to it.
How to improve web typography?
- Enhancing readability: There are several constraints that are attached with the way text or imagery is perceived by the human mind. Long sentences with not enough punctuation would render the text less readable for instance. The things are a bit different on the website front though. One needs to choose the proper typography elements and more importantly proper measure of it to improve the readability of the content.
Also it has to be kept in mind that the content would be viewed by different people on different devices. Therefore it is essential that it is designed in a way that could help more wide range of audience to interact with ease.
- Typesetting: This means that all the elements that are required for the presentation of the content are calibrated or rather selected in a way that may provide the maximum positive impact on the users.
- Creating a vertical rhythm: This simply means that various elements that have been typeset are managed in a way that they sync harmoniously with each other. This is important to ensure a holistic and more striking impact of the content presentation on the website. This involves using the white spaces to align the various elements like text and headings to arrange in an appealing way.
After taking care of all these points, there is a need to stick strictly to the basics of the web design and topography in order to create a user friendly and productive typography. Having better knowledge about the typography also helps the professionals to communicate their ideas about the model with relative ease.